New membership benefit when you become an ACHP-Canada Lifetime Member
The ACHP-Canada Insurance Program – exclusive to the ACHP-Canada Lifetime Member. Providing an affordable and easy-to-access option for General Liability Insurance for the Canadian Handyman.
Securing certification through ACHP-Canada is a sign of success and reliability. The perfect complement to your ACHP-Canada certification is a general liability coverage certificate – and assures your customers you are serious about the work that you do.
The ACHP-Canada Insurance Program offers general liability coverage. See coverage below:
Commercial General Liability (ACHP-Canada)
- $1,000,000 Bodily Injury and/or Property Damage – Per Occurrence
- $5,000,000 General Aggregate
- $1,000,000 Products and Completed Operations – Aggregate
- $1,000,000 Personal and Advertising Injury Liability Limit
- $ 10,000 Medical Payments – Per Person
- $1,000,000 Tenants Legal Liability
- $1,000,000 Employee Benefits Liability – Each Employee/ Aggregate
- $1,000,000 Employers Liability
- $1,000,000 Non-Owned Automobile Liability
- $ 50,000 SEF 94 – Legal Liability for Damage to Hired Automobiles
- $ 1,000 All Losses, except;
- $ 500 SEF 94 – Legal Liability for Damage to Hired Automobiles
Legal Expense Insurance – *Included with new insurance account (more info)
- $ 200,000 Employment Disputes
- $ 200,000 Legal Defense
- $ 200,000 Contract Dispute and Debt Recovery
- $ 200,000 Statutory License Protection
- $1,000,000 Annual Aggregate
Premiums for this insurance are based on your total annual receipts, and are very competitive in today’s marketplace.
Purchasing this insurance is done easily and securely! Simply review the policy and coverage above, become a lifetime member, and then download and fill out the application. Upon acceptance, you’ll receive your personalized proof of coverage certificate. Pricing start at $700. See Premiums below:
|$0 to $75,000
||700 Minimum Retained and Fully Earned
|$75,000 to $125,000
||825 Minimum Retained and Fully Earned
|$125,000 to $175,000
||950 Minimum Retained and Fully Earned
Access to the ACHP-Canada Insurance Program is exclusive to Lifetime Members – so become an ACHP-Canada Lifetime Member today!
Once you are an ACHP Lifetime Member, you’ll have access to the ACHP-Canada Insurance Program Application through the member’s only section.
ACHP-Canada Register Now
Become a Member Today!
One of the great things about the handyman profession is that there is a lot of variety in what you can do or specialize in. Of course, one of the shortcomings is that just about anyone can claim to be a handyman, often at the expense of the industry as a whole. To show your customers that you are a true handyman professional, and not just a fly-by-night guy who owns a hammer and handsaw, keep these suggestions in mind:
• Get certified. Associate yourself with groups that better the entire business, like the Association of Certified Handyman Professionals. Don’t just put these logos on your business card or website; give a brief description to your customers of what you did to attain that certification.
• Get referrals. Unfortunately, many people are not prompted to talk about a particular business to friends unless something bad happens. Encourage your satisfied clients to give you positive reviews, either online or for printed materials that talk about your handyman business. Prove that you are reputable and have happy clients to confirm it.
• Get your name out there. You may be the most talented handyman professional in your area, but if you rely on word-of-mouth recommendations alone, you won’t reach your full earning potential. Create a well-written and easily-navigated website to show potential clients that proves you are established. You should also build up a following on social media platforms because numbers talk when it comes to people who “like” or “follow” you.
Handyman Membership benefit when you become an ACHP Member – access to the ACHP Insurance Program – providing an affordable and easy-to-access option for General Liability insurance.
Securing certification through the ACHP is a sign of success and reliability. The perfect complement to your ACHP certification is a general liability coverage certificate – and assures your customers you are serious about the work that you do. Watch our handyman liability insurance video about the ACHP Insurance Program.
Need handyman insurance in the US?
Need handyman insurance in Canada? Check out our ACHP-Canada Insurance Program
Mold has a distinct odor. If you have been in a home that has mold you’re probably familiar with the odor I’m talking about.
If you smell it, it’s there! If you suspect a home has mold, explain to the owner of the home they might have it. If you don’t have a nose for it, train it.
Have them contact a licensed mold specialist. For liability reasons, don’t mess with it. Leave it to those trained and licensed for this. It is most dangerous when air born.
Association of Certified Handyman Professionals – September 2013 – This is an excellent time of year to offer gutter cleaning services. For the next few months leaves will invade gutters all over the country. With a simple extension ladder and a bucket you can help your customer prep the home for winter. Pull out the leaves, twigs, plant growth, and roof shingle granules. Don’t forget the spouts.
A leaf blower is a quicker but messier way to clean gutters and roof valleys.
Please practice the 1:4 ratio rule. The ladder should be placed 1 foot away from the wall for every 4 feet. For example: An 8ft extended ladder’s feet should be 2 feet away from the wall.